Covid-19 Session Structure and Adaptations
Squirts Programs: How they will run.
• Session content has been redesigned so that children can learn individually for the majority of the session.
• Scrimmages will be reintroduced for outdoor sessions. Coaches will continue to promote social distancing, where possible, during this segment of the session.
• Each child will have their own equipment area set out at the start of each session. Players should be encouraged to place other personal items, such as water, baseball glove, raincoat etc., here also.
• Parents will be positioned just outside their child’s equipment area so they are accessible to children without crossing paths with others.
• Sharing of group equipment (such as cones, colored spots etc) will be minimal, if at all, for each session.
A typical squirts session that lasts for one hour looks like this:
A Typical layout of a squirts session would look like this:
Tennis Classes: How they will run.
• Participants must bring their own racket.
• Participants will be given their own specific water area for their personal belongings.
• Court door and benches will be taped with caution tape to avoid touching/sitting.
• Players will be positioned at well-spaced stations during any ball drills or games to ensure social distancing.
• All tennis strokes will be delivered as normal.
• For older groups (8+), more focus will be on live ball drills and game play with no changing of ends.
• There will be no doubles play at this time.
• Additional balls will be provided to a coach due to the extra feeding necessary.
• Every in-between court will be left vacant where possible.
• Participants will be encouraged to avoid touching their face after handling a ball, racket or other equipment.
• Tennis balls that roll over from other courts will be sent back with feet and/or racket; not with hands.
A typical tennis session that lasts for an hour looks like this:
A typical layout of a tennis session for ages 3-8 years will look like this (All older groups will utilize full size court):
SUMMER CAMPS – How they will run.
• Camp day to be shortened to run half day only- 9am-12pm
• Our camp will be available for children aged between 5-11 year olds.
• All activities will be redesigned so that children can learn individually.
• Multi Sport Camps will still include 8+ sports a week. Some of the favorite sports like Lacrosse may be repeated.
• For our Multi Sports Camps, only sports that promote social distancing will be included. Sports where they need to share equipment like ultimate Frisbee will be removed.
• Players are able to scrimmage within their camp group. No scrimmages will be played with or against any other camp groups. Coaches will continue to promote social distancing, where possible, during this segment of the camps.
• Soccer camps will adapt rules to promote social distancing. No goalkeepers, tackling or throw-ins will be allowed.
• Each child will receive their own equipment that they will use for each of the sport rotations.
• Our coaches will ensure that all equipment is properly disinfected before each of the sport rotations. Children will also wash their hands or use hand sanitizer during this period of transition.
• Children will remain in assigned group throughout the day and not mingle with any other group.